Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
bawldiggle

Stickies attached to webpage , problem Empty Stickies attached to webpage , problem

Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:00 am
I am new to STICKIES and would appreciate any help Smile

Stickies attached to web pages do not hide when the webpage loses focus.

I only want to use "Stickies" with URLs ... nothing else.
And when the webpage loses focus ... the Stickie is to HIDE and only show again when the same webpage has focus again.

In each note, top RHand corner is an [x] control..
Close is a rather misleading (drastic) title ... so how do I hide a note that auto opened over a target webpage ?

Maybe I am missing something ? ... (great notes for files and folders )

Thank you Smile

Last edited by bawldiggle on Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrections)

Stickies attached to webpage , problem Empty Re: Stickies attached to webpage , problem

Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:36 pm
Using attached stickies with webpages is difficult . Stickies hide/show is depending on the window title ( that is entered when attaching ) exists not when it has focus or not or even if the browser keeps the same windowtitle for a change in the webcontent. The only option available is to hide the sticky when the window is minimized . But it still leaves a lot of side effects that can be frustrating .

You can rollup the sticky using alt+r so it takes less window space and there was a feature request to make hide/show more easy to use :
https://zhornsoftware.forumotion.com/t438-tray-icon-single-click-action

If you are only using it for attachment to url it will be a difficult choice .....but once when you use it , it will  be the first program you reinstall on a new PC  Cool

Best regards ,
LaurentG

Stickies attached to webpage , problem Empty Re: Stickies attached to webpage , problem

Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:08 am
Hi BawlDiggle,

what you ask for do not exist currently, but is a very good idea.
I have created, in the "Feature request" sub-forum a request to have such capability, referring to your post.

Seee here : https://zhornsoftware.forumotion.com/t460-show-attached-stickies-only-when-attached-window-has-focus-on
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum