Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ben613

"The application has failed to start..." error Empty "The application has failed to start..." error

Fri May 25, 2018 3:38 am
When I run Caffeine it says "The application has failed to start because its side-to-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe for more detail."  What would I need to do to get it to work?

Thanks,
Ben

"The application has failed to start..." error Empty Re: "The application has failed to start..." error

Fri May 25, 2018 9:24 am
Solution from  "search knowledge base "  at the top of home page  ( http://forum.zhornsoftware.co.uk )

Ben613

"The application has failed to start..." error Empty Re: "The application has failed to start..." error

Fri May 25, 2018 1:42 pm
Thanks. That worked for caffeine (which was the main thing I was after). For tcaffeine though I receive a new error "Ordinal Not Found/" - "The ordinal 12404 could not be located in the dynamic link library". I googled the issue and found a page instructing to install what looks like almost the same thing but with "feature pack" called "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Feature Pack Redistributable Package (x86)" and that worked to get tcaffeine going as well (I couldn't post the link due to forum restrictions on newly created accounts).

Fri May 25, 2018 6:36 pm
I wonder why these libraries are not included when the code is compiled . Nice find for the missing runtime components link  Smile

Here is the link if someone needs it, maybe Tom Revell can include it in the "knowledge database" ( unfortunately most users overlook it on the webpage )

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10015

Greetings,
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum