Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MagicWord02

Caffeine Multiple Command Lines Empty Caffeine Multiple Command Lines

Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:20 am
Hello!

Love this program, but just wondering if it’s possible to substitute the F15 keystroke with a left mouse click (or potentially any other key)? And if so, what would that look like?

Also, can caffeine run multiple commands on the same line? For instance, would this allow a genuine left mouse click to occur every 59 seconds?

C:\users\myname>documents\caffeine\caffeine64.exe -keypress -key:01

I ask because I can’t seem to get it to work.

MagicWord02 likes this post

Caffeine Multiple Command Lines Empty Re: Caffeine Multiple Command Lines

Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:56 pm
It does not seem to work for a left mouse click ( a dangerous event to automate ?..... ) but it works for other keys . You have to convert the virtual key code from hex to decimal.

caffeine64.exe  5 -keypress -key:16

The shift key virtual key code is 0x10 hex so it is 16 decimal , the code will activate shift every 5 seconds .

I tested one for another forum post some time ago

Caffeine Multiple Command Lines D3337211

Best regards ,
JohnonCaffeine

Caffeine Multiple Command Lines Empty Start caffeine with multiple commmands

Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:33 pm
Is it possible to auto start Caffeine with windows using multiple commands?
My idea is to have it run on boot with default timer of 120s + pressing shift instead of F15. F15 is the reload shortcut, I don't understand why F15 is the default, it will ruin work for anyone using a browser.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:10 pm
Caffeine Multiple Command Lines F23a2410

You can create a .bat file and set it in the startup folder . You need admin password if you want to copy caffeine64.exe in the Program Files folder or you can change it to a standard user location .
I am not familiar with bat files so this is a copy/paste code but it seems to work . You could use AHk scripting like the example i use in previous post but you need to install the interpreter from www.autohotkey.com but it offers a lot more customizing if you take the time to look at the ahk language .

Best regards ,
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum