Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AustinJohn

Unique, strange stickie Empty Unique, strange stickie

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:33 pm
I am running stickies 10.0d with Windows 10. When stickies starts one and only one of my stickies does not respond to any command - on top, move, resize, copy, etc. - and when I right click on it the stickies menu doesn't appear, rather the desktop menu with "View", "Sort by", etc. appears. When I exit stickies this stickie closes with all the other stickies. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks! John
AustinJohn

Unique, strange stickie Empty Re: Unique, strange stickie

Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:06 pm
i solved it. Ghost was "on". Thanks. John
Mike M
Mike M

Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:49 pm
What is "ghost"? Never heard of it in Stickies. Sure don't want to turn it on by accident.
AustinJohn

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:55 pm
Mike, here's how "Ghost" functions from the Help menu:

The right-click context menu for Desktop stickies has two additional items - Ghost on and Ghost off. When it's enabled, Ghost mode means the note appears on the screen, but it can't be clicked on using the mouse pointer. Instead, the mouse click will go to the window directly behind that note. That's why the option to set this mode is here in Manage - so that you're able to get back to the note and disable Ghost mode.

I can imagine where it might be useful but it can also cause problems if one forgets it's an option as I did.
Mike M
Mike M

Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:40 pm
Just might use it. Seems appropriate to protect a stickie from my fumbling fingers.
Thanks for the info.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum