Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mike M
Mike M

Edit a link in a Stickie Empty Edit a link in a Stickie

Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:10 pm
Created a stickie with a few links, both local and internet. Now I'm trying to edit a few. Most times I don't get the option on the right-click dropdown menu. Randomly, the option shows up. Tried hi-lite (left swipe, right swipe) and just click within the link. Again, sometimes there, most times not.

Also, switch the skins, just to make sure it's not the skin itself.

I'm using ver 10.0c
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Edit a link in a Stickie Empty Re: Edit a link in a Stickie

Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:55 pm
It's a wrinkle of the way I've (had to) add support for links in the rich text control - first left click on the note, into the text somewhere.  Then when you right-click the URL, you should find the Edit item shows up every time.

Tom
Mike M
Mike M

Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:20 pm
Initially worked as you said, after starting my PC this morning. I have five links. Starting at the bottom, the first two worked as you said, saw the option. After that, nothing...on any of the five links. Fortunately, it's easy to just delete and recreate. Is there anything I can try to perhaps help resolve?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:57 pm
Can you send me the RTF from the note - I'll see if the same thing happens here.  Right-click the note title, and choose Save As to get the RTF out.

Tom
Mike M
Mike M

Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:08 pm
Tom...newbie question: How do I send you the .rtf file? BTW, I'm using slimbrown.ssk.

I think I found my problem.
1. Click anywhere within the note to focus on it.
2. DO NOT single click within a link then right click. "Edit link" option will not appear.
3. Hover over a link (link content will appear).
4. Right-click on the link and the "Edit link" option will show in the dropdown menu.

I think I misunderstood your initial instructions. I thought you meant click within the link (not just the note). Step 2, above, is what I WAS doing, creating the issue.

Third edit's a charm. Edit a link. The first character of the link name is dropped. Name is Music, appeared as usic.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:37 pm
Right-click the title bar of a note, and choose Save As.  The default type for text notes will be .sti, but you can alter that to be .rtf.

A .sti file is also just text, and is almost the same as a .rtf file, except it also includes the note colour (which isn't included in RTF).

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum