Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Hrodger

Move stickies automatically to avoid overlapping Empty Move stickies automatically to avoid overlapping

Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:46 pm
Hello!

I have a question. Is it possible for the stickies to move automatically to avoid overlapping when I am adding new lines?

I have all my stickies in a stack, but if I add new lines to a top stickie I have to manually move all the other stickies. 

Thank you
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Move stickies automatically to avoid overlapping Empty Re: Move stickies automatically to avoid overlapping

Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:31 pm
Afraid not - you may be able to work around what you mention with "stand" mode for those notes rather than "hang" so that they grow upwards - but there's no auto-arrange to avoid overlap.  It would be difficult to write code which would competently take all the situations it would have to deal with into account, and get it right every time.  I prefer the app to be a little less capable but to never be wrong, than it try to be smart, and then get stuff wrong because it's not smart enough.

Tom
danx55

Move stickies automatically to avoid overlapping Empty Re: Move stickies automatically to avoid overlapping

Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:36 pm
doh! sorry - I just created pretty much the same post :/

...could it lock the growth instead? … I recall scroll bars in the past … rather than increase/decrease the stickie size

ta
danx55

Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:40 pm
just tried stand … but that is a bit dodgy when goes off top of screen imo

but … scroll bars option looks like a good one for me …. stops note expanding over next note it seems Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum