Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
OldGrantonian

How to make identical Stickies on two laptops ? Empty How to make identical Stickies on two laptops ?

Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:21 am
I have Stickies v.10.1d on Asus and Dell.

I prefer the Asus appearance, which was homemade a few years ago. But I can't remember how I achieved that appearance.

Which files do I need to copy from Asus to Dell ?

Thanks
guest_today

How to make identical Stickies on two laptops ? Empty Re: How to make identical Stickies on two laptops ?

Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:24 pm
OldGrantonian

How to make identical Stickies on two laptops ? Empty Re: How to make identical Stickies on two laptops ?

Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:18 am
I think there's a good chance that the method suggested by @guest_today in the other post would also work here.

However, as an experiment, I tried the following method, which requires no knowledge of system internal logic.

Instead of trying to SELECT bits and pieces from the Asus, I copied EVERYTHING from the Asus to the Dell.

After that, my Stickies looked identical to the Asus - but all the text was a year out of date.

So I simply needed to overwrite the Asus stickies.db with the Dell stickies.db - which was backed up to external HDD.

Thanks
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum