Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
leopoldus

disable showing notes on every Windows 10 built-in virtual desktop Empty disable showing notes on every Windows 10 built-in virtual desktop

Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:06 pm
When some notes are currently displayed on the desktop, they are also displayed on every other Windows 10 built-in virtual desktop. Is there a way to change this behavior?

By the way, with Desktop software under Windows 7 Stickies only shows its notes on this particular virtual desktop where it is running on.

Thanks!
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

disable showing notes on every Windows 10 built-in virtual desktop Empty Re: disable showing notes on every Windows 10 built-in virtual desktop

Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:28 pm
Nope, I can't help with that I'm afraid.  It's a failing of the "cheat" which the virtual desktop software uses to simulate multiple desktops. In truth, all it's doing is to selectively show and hide windows to make it seem like you have multiple desktops.

It doesn't recognise that Stickies notes should be treated the same way, and there's no way to tell it about the app.  Many years ago I faced the same issue with another virtual desktop app called Dexpot and I made changes to Stickies so that its windows could be identified correctly.

Sorry, it's MS you need to ask to make a change - there's nothing I can do to fix it :/

Tom
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum