Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Krad3n

Some problems with the language (Spanish) in Stickies Empty Some problems with the language (Spanish) in Stickies

Sun May 23, 2021 3:11 pm
Hi, I just discovered this amazing software trying to find an alternative to SktickyNotes (W10)

But I am nor related with this kind of free software. I have to say that I tried the translation "Spanish" and I found some "weird sentences" but I am afraid that correct those is not as easy as editing a .txt and changing some words or phrases of anothers.

They are in the Options/Configuration Settings. At the Alarm menu. The way "reproduce sounds when wake up" sounds kind of weird. I have no problem by finding the mistakes and correct them, the problem is that I have no idea about programing of how to manage it.

Some problems with the language (Spanish) in Stickies Empty Re: Some problems with the language (Spanish) in Stickies

Sun May 23, 2021 5:44 pm
According to the website you can change the language content :

---------------------------------------------
(A note about translations - it is possible to create a translated DLL yourself using third party tools. However - please don't start translation work without checking in first. Someone else might already be doing the work for your language, and translations in DLLs can't be used for future versions. Working with the Stickies translation tool means the work you help with can be re-used in the future.)

--------------------------------------------

To contact Tom Revell for info translation tools :

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/contact.html

Greetings ,
Krad3n

Some problems with the language (Spanish) in Stickies Empty Re: Some problems with the language (Spanish) in Stickies

Mon May 24, 2021 9:47 pm
Hi, I read that. But I am not sure how to do it, and also I wanted to know if is possible to change the Spanish version so the others can use instead. There are not that many mistakes. But sounds pretty weird.

Tue May 25, 2021 5:08 am
You can send an email with the corrections to Tom Revell ( email adress in the contact.html ).

To contact Tom Revell :

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/contact.html
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Thu May 27, 2021 4:40 pm
Get in touch if you'd like, and I can help you edit a file which can then be used for future translations as well.

It's possible to implement translations as just a txt file, but that doesn't cater for moving dialogs around.  Perhaps I add a button which says "Up".  The Spanish translation will be longer, meaning it won't fit onto the button.

Instead, translations are DLL files which can contain strings, and also dialog designs, and even different images and icons if necessary.  I've written a tool which creates translations for Stickies, and that's what those who help me translate use.

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum