Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
epik

Request for a new feature Empty Request for a new feature

Tue May 04, 2021 2:28 pm
Hello,

I'm using Caffeine along with a Windows Explorer replacement, Unreal Commander precisely, and I'm suspecting the F15 key press can interfere with the program.

I know that Windows can reproduce older function keys, the ones above F12, with some shortcut (SHIFT+F3=F15) and I suspect that Unreal Commander can interpret F15 as SHIFT+F3 giving me some crazy effect.

In a different PC I use Caffeine and Total Commander and I've got similar problems.

I know that I could use -useshift as an alternative but the SHIFT random press scares me more that anything else. SHIFT is a common modifier used for several function in Windows and tons of other programs, I don't want a SHIFT key is pressed without my control.

So, even if my assumption is wrong, is it possible to create a command line option to ask Caffeine to move the mouse cursor instead of pressing a virtual key?
It'll be resolutive and clean. Naturally the movement can be offset by another one in the opposite direction so that the user can realize nothing even if he's moving the mouse cursor in that exact moment.

Request for a new feature Empty Re: Request for a new feature

Wed May 05, 2021 11:24 am
Request for a new feature 157810

There is a new option for caffeine to try , it does not say how it works but probably uses " SetThreadExecutionState " keep windows awake.

If you want mouse movement just write the code ,Skan 's example is only a few lines .

https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/13510-move-mouse-when-not-in-use-to-disable-screensaver/
epik

Wed May 05, 2021 1:00 pm
Well it seems not exactly what I asked for.

Request for a new feature AWadilG4RA8kAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

BTW, what's the point with your suggestion in writing the code by myself?
To have a minimal Caffeine replacement I would implement:

• the mouse pointer automatic move managed by a timer;
  • the Active for/Inactive for certain timespans;
  • a taskbar icon that shows the current state and allows to be clicked.

The point in using other people programs is exactly to not write code.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum