Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Æthel

Unable to change or enforce fonts in stickies. Empty Unable to change or enforce fonts in stickies.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:55 pm
I cannot enforce my choice in font for the stickies that I create. The least able action is to simply select the text → right click → font → select recent choice. Explicitly choosing the font through text selection → right click → font → font → select font, font style, font size is often more successful. Often, however, it simply will not work. I am inclined towards a kludge of having the ability to either ① Strip all font information from the sticky and reapply it as wanted, or, ② Enforce a predefined default font for the entire program or for each sticky. What am I doing wrong? Pasting the text from a text editor, to strip all formatting, often fails as well. That is what I generally do because the program won't allow me to strip or alter leading or the space between lines. I haven't been bothered by kerning, or the space between letters, but I don't think that is changeable either. A better kludge would be to allow the program/user strip all formatting, except for line feed and carriage return, to a a UTF-8/16/32 string. Has anyone been able to reliably enforce fonts or avoid the problems I have mentioned? Is the program able to act like a text editor in which all formatting information is stripped and the font explicitly set?

Unable to change or enforce fonts in stickies. Empty Re: Unable to change or enforce fonts in stickies.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:01 pm
Unable to change or enforce fonts in stickies. 19910

ctrl+shift+c  will copy without format
ctrl+shift+v  will paste without format

I have no problem changing a font using the rightclick menu my sticky version is  v10.1 and OS is win10 2004 pro and as far as i know there was other post about it on the forum .

Did you try to do the same change in Wordpad ? ( It has the same edit control code as used in stickies )

Best regards,
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum