Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mgroen

Zmeter feature request: implement displaying top 5 apps taking most resources Empty Zmeter feature request: implement displaying top 5 apps taking most resources

Fri May 22, 2020 1:13 pm
Would like to see Zmeter get a way of pinpointing resources to running apps/services, etc.

So a way to do this is to all (or at least top 5 (?) resource demanding apps/services. Now I need to open Windows Task manager to view it but to implement this all in one ZMeter app and also implement logging (see my other feature request) would be better.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Zmeter feature request: implement displaying top 5 apps taking most resources Empty Re: Zmeter feature request: implement displaying top 5 apps taking most resources

Sat May 30, 2020 3:26 pm
I did look at this at one point - at least to get the list of processes using the network.  I was able to achieve it so long as you ran the app as an administrator, which I don't consider to be acceptable.  I know it's possible as a non-admin (Process Hacker does it) but I wasn't able to work out how.

There are other apps which store history, at least for network traffic, and do so with a system service, and have a much more comprehensive amount of info.  It was when I looked at the price of one I tried which works well that I started to write my own replacement - which shows just a basic graph at least.

Tom
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum