Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
danx55

stickies quickly alter text style and colour? Empty stickies quickly alter text style and colour?

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:48 pm
hi Tom,

....so im using a windings character instead of an icon to highly imported rows in a note .... your idea and a good one Smile

...but i find that it often changes the style and colour of following normal text lines ...... so i have to go into the style menu and change it

question - is there a quicker way?  ... or a way to stop it happening in the first place?

many thanks

eg: 

this is my line of normal text (and here is my windings character in different colour)

the text is this row then appears in windings style and colour
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

stickies quickly alter text style and colour? Empty Re: stickies quickly alter text style and colour?

Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:56 pm
This is precisely why I describe the checkbox support in Stickies as a "hack", as it can have the same effect.

What I do when the user presses alt-c is to insert the checkbox character, then a space, then select the first of those two characters, and then change the font, before switching the selection back to after the space.

That way the one character gets set as you like, but the space after it is the original font.  When text is added after a character, it inherits the same font as that character, which is why your next line ends up Wingdings.  You can do as I describe above to avoid that.

Tom
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum