Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
angelpie

Can't drag category into another category Empty Can't drag category into another category

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:15 pm
I'm trying to organize some folders by creating a category and dragging other folders into it as sub-categories, but it isn't working. It's always worked before, so I don't understand what's up. I'm using V.9.0e.

Also, I don't see a way to create a new category that isn't a sub of a current category. How do I do that? Do I just drag that category into the stored folder?

Thanks.

Can't drag category into another category Empty Re: Can't drag category into another category

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:36 am
If i hold shift while dragging it becomes a sub-categorie , if i hold ctrl a sub will move to the "root" . I have not found a way to create a root ca
tegorie directly in the management dialog but you can do it when you store a sticky and use the option in the dialog window there.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Can't drag category into another category Empty Re: Can't drag category into another category

Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:52 pm
You can create/move any folder to the root by dragging it onto an existing root item.  Holding shift forces the thing being dragged "into" so leaving shift not down means it's placed after the drop target.  Seeing as "after" a root folder is another root folder, that's how you can get another folder at the root level.

Tom
angelpie

Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:35 pm
Thanks, Tom for that information on creating root directories

I just figured out another way to create a new root directory, quite by accident. Right click on a closed sticky that isn't stored. This can even be a blank sticky. Choose "store" and scroll up to the stop and click on "Stored" to highlight it. Tick off the box underneath that says "Create new category under selected category above", type in the name, encrypt or leave unencrypted, and click OK. A bit complicated, but that's what I found.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum