Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Wizardling
Wizardling

Sticky now extends off screen :-( Empty Sticky now extends off screen :-(

Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:25 am
How do I get it to return to being only the height of my monitor? Restarting Stickies hasn't helped. I believe this happened when I removed and restored the scrollbar to this particular Sticky.

TIA :-)

Sticky now extends off screen :-( Empty Re: Sticky now extends off screen :-(

Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:00 pm
Stickies can also be sized more easily by holding alt and clicking and dragging near the side or corners. This avoids having to move the cursor exactly to the edges of the sticky. 

from the helpfile

You can drag it into the desired dimensions .
Wizardling
Wizardling

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:16 pm
G'day.

That does not seem to work. I have the side double-arrow pointer to resize horizontally, no alt key needed. But I get no vertical resizing pointer, alt key or not - at the top of the Sticky. If I could just access a resizing cursor at the top, I could resize downwards, drag upwards - repeating until I brought the Sticky back above the bottom of the screen.

Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:44 am
Sticky now extends off screen :-( 0vNEk55

You could try to change the way sticky resize ( from the top or bottom ) by changing " stand " to " hang " in the rightclick sticky menu.
I do not have a similar off site sticky so i cannot test it.....
Wizardling
Wizardling

Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:04 am
I tried swapping between hang and stand, but it doesn't seem to change anything. Even with a Sticky that fits on screen, I have no vertical resizing pointer top or bottom, alt or no alt.

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:03 pm
Code:
I have no vertical resizing pointer

Yes you are right , it seems its only there when you have scrollbar enabled  ( you can do this for this sticky only in the rightclick menu )

I guess your text size ( with the font size you are using ) expands the sticky beyond the screen.
SPOOK
SPOOK

Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:48 pm
Try grabbing the lower edge of the title bar (With the double-arrows) for dragging (re-sizing) up or down.
Wizardling
Wizardling

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:34 am
I'm afraid the only places the resizing pointer is active in a Stickies sticky window (for me, anyway), are the left and right edges below the titlebar.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:56 pm
Have you tried setting it to the default skin ( with scrollbar enabled  ) ?
You could select All and set the font to a very small size , i guess that would bring it within screen dimensions.
Wizardling
Wizardling

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:58 pm
I am using the default skin. But you mentioning scrollbars again prompted me to check enabling them and then trying the previous suggestion to check under the titlebar for a resizing active area. With scrollbars enabled I am indeed able to access a resizing pointer below the titlebar, and at the bottom.
I must say IME it is very odd to have the active area for the resizing pointer to be below the titlebar. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen this before...
But now that I know this non-standard UI oddity of Stickies, I'll be able to fix this annoying issue in the future.

Thank you :-)
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:58 pm
You could also press control-shift-x in the offending note to directly set the size.

Tom
Wizardling
Wizardling

Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:00 pm
Perfect, thank you Tom :-)
Wizardling
Wizardling

Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:29 am
This remains a problem, BTW. I have to look up this answer - Control-Shift-X - every time I reposition a note and it's been a while.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum