Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zzas

Screen grab not working on windows 10 Empty Screen grab not working on windows 10

Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:56 pm
can anyone tell me how to get the screen grab feature to work on windows 10? In the Options > Hotkeys, there’s a setting to ‘Screen Grab an Area’ with the default hotkey set to Windows + W. Windows 10 uses that hotkey to launch the Windows Ink Workspace, which can be disabled through a registry edit, but I just decided to use Windows + Z instead, but it still doesn’t work. Any suggestions?
juice

Screen grab not working on windows 10 Empty Re: Screen grab not working on windows 10

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:54 pm
Nope, I use a third-party product.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Screen grab not working on windows 10 Empty Re: Screen grab not working on windows 10

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:54 pm
Maybe Windows-Z is also taken by something else.

Somewhere in the Microsoft UI design guidelines, it says that Windows key combinations are all reserved for MS to use, so I can't complain really when they don't work.  I've moved screen grab for myself to alt-w, which works fine, doesn't conflict with any other combinations I use, and which doesn't contravene UI guidelines.

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum