Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ovolloid

Search within Database doesn't work anymore Empty Search within Database doesn't work anymore

Mon May 06, 2024 9:04 pm
Hallo,

I've recently installed Stickies 10d and for a few days I could just search the content or title of a note, now it doesn't work anymore.

I renamed a backup-file to stickies.db and it worked again, but ... the old backup doesn't contain the many note I wrote since then.

Is there a way to fix the currrent database??

few facts here:
  • Notes do appear when they should,
  • Programm is working as intended
  • typing a word in doesn't (like it did) scroll through all notes, the picture in the managment Windows is just blank --> see screenshot #1 below
  • typing a word inand hit ENTER removes the list of stored notes in that category screenshot #2  and leaves a blank screen
  • using the SST10 Tool shows all the notes but ... searching for a word in the content crashes the SST app!
  • Going back to the "old" Backup file is difficult 'cause some notes are in the category "Sleeping" inserted not by ascending order but scattered among app. 500! notes 

Ideas??

regards
Screenshot #1
Search within Database doesn't work anymore Screen10

Screenshot #2:
Search within Database doesn't work anymore Screen11
guest_today

Search within Database doesn't work anymore Empty Re: Search within Database doesn't work anymore

Wed May 08, 2024 10:59 am
You can contact Tom Revell by email and link the forum post , maybe he can give a third party data repair suggestion . I am not familiar with databases but microsoft access seems to have a repair/compact function but i do not know if the structure is the same as the stickies db.

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/contact.html

btw by default stickies has a daily autobackup so you only use one day of new stickies ? ( or you have not noticed the problem for some time ....... )
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Search within Database doesn't work anymore Empty Re: Search within Database doesn't work anymore

Sat May 11, 2024 9:06 am
Ovolloid - you've reached out by email as well, I'll reply there.

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum