Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jill

Improving the printing of notes Empty Improving the printing of notes

Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:13 am
I'm wondering, if there are any plans to improve the printing of Stickies.

In detail I'd like to see:

Printing header and footer

I'd prefer to get another section in the settings, where I can chose which data to be printed. But defaults would help a lot
Header: Sticky title
Footer: date, time, pagenumber)

Page formatting: Margin and scaling

Especially scaling is important to adapt to higher screen resolutions: currently the notes have to use larger fonts on high resolution screens; printing these notes lead to enlarged fonts on the printout, which lead further to printouts exceeding the page; to avoid this the notes are being reformatted...)

Again, I'd like to see these parameters in a setting dialog...

Remembering a selected printer

Each time I start the process to print a note, the printing dialog preselects the sytem default printer. It would be great, if the printer, which I used lately with Stickies (not with windows), would be kept until the program is closed.

This request came upon my mind, when I tried to work around the missing formatting options by defining a special printer, which does the scaling and adds margins...

And, a third time, I'd prefer a parameter within the settings dialog to nail down the printer to use with Stickies.
Jill

Improving the printing of notes Empty Re: Improving the printing of notes

Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:39 pm
What I forgot in my first post:

Under page formatting: Landscape/portrait selection in the general settings dialog

But this option finally opens the door to per note page style properties...
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum