Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
radiocam

Encryption password ( no dramas, just curious) Empty Encryption password ( no dramas, just curious)

Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:54 pm
Hi,
I'm a Stickies jurassic age user, but have never used encryption.
Or so I thought.
Wanted to play around with it, and was puzzled because the only active icon was the Enter Password icon. And I realized it was also telling me that I have registered a password. At some point in the past many decades, clearly lost in the recesses of my fading memory. And not recorded anywhere.

Now.. it's not a show-stopper or any cause for alarm here, because I have no encrypted notes.
But it would be nice to get encryption clear and working.
And (correct me if I'm wrong) but is this the only way out?  ( = Will this work?)
1. Backup my stickies. (A sizeable collection)
2. Uninstall my existing stickies installation completely.
3. Install Stickies anew.
4. Restore my stickies from backup.
5. Then, if I want I can set up encryption again... yes?

My only niggly fear is that restoring stickies will restore the encryption (of the SQLite db?).
Cheers.
guest_today

Encryption password ( no dramas, just curious) Empty Re: Encryption password ( no dramas, just curious)

Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:03 am
Yes , the parameter is in stickies.db so reinstalling will not help . There was a post from Tom Revell for deleting " options " parameters in the database ( at the end in page 2 of the post ) . I tried it and it clears the encrypting setting back to default . I could not find the specific entry for the encrypting so i deleted all settings , stickies returned most settings to its default parameters !

But of course it is risky messing with the db .....

https://zhornsoftware.forumotion.com/t897-formated-text-is-lost-in-save-as-file

radiocam likes this post

radiocam

Encryption password ( no dramas, just curious) Empty Re: Encryption password ( no dramas, just curious)

Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:21 pm
@guest_today

Thanks very much for that insight - and for trying it!
I'll take a backup before I do any fiddling around, so worst case, I just restore and get back to square #1.
I would not have thought of that at all, so pointer much appreciated  Encryption password ( no dramas, just curious) 1f443

Shall try it over next day or two and report my 2 cents worth back here.

Cheers
Ish
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum