Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Formated Text is lost in "save as" file - Page 2 Empty Re: Formated Text is lost in "save as" file

Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:03 pm
My guess here would be that a setting is leading something astray.  Instead of trying to get all the notes from one .db file into another, I might try to fix the one you have.

Working on copies of the file (!) I'd try downloading the DB Browser app which will let you edit the file directly.  Try deleting all the content of the [settings] table - if that solves it then we know it's one of the settings which is causing the issue.  I can't see how any of the contents of the file, the bulk of it, could be a problem?

Tom
Thomas

Formated Text is lost in "save as" file - Page 2 Empty Re: Formated Text is lost in "save as" file

Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:32 pm
Thanks for your response,
but which table you mean? I haven't any table named settings. My db contains 12 tables.

Thomas
LaurentG

Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:06 pm
The actual name of the settings table is options
Thomas

Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:58 pm
I deleted all options. The viewing problem is solved.
I also found the defected entry.
It is network.incoming.changestyle.enabled = 1
If i changed the value to 0, the stickie will be viewed correct.
If i changed back to 1, the stieckie will be viewed wrong.
This is reproducable!

Thomas
guest_today

Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:39 pm
Formated Text is lost in "save as" file - Page 2 698010

Excellent detective work !  Have you checked the style that is selected when a network sticky is displayed ? Or if you select default style it is ok .
Thomas

Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:49 pm
I do not receive any network stickies. And open a sticky from file system couldn't be a network sticky or that ware an error.
guest_today

Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:53 pm
Code:
07/03/2024 16:47:54 [CREATED ] Created (network)

If you double click a sti file , it seems it is send as a network sticky . I checked it with having style 4  red font .
Thomas

Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:36 am
I can't imagine that this is intentional.
When I receive a network sticky, I never know how the sender formats it and can format them separately to recognize such stickies.
And why should all formattings be retained during the save if I ignore it again when I double-click it?
Illogical?
LaurentG

Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:19 am
It's only an "option" to automatically apply, or not, a specific style to network incoming sticky notes.
If you want to keep the text formatting defined by the sender, only uncheck this option....
And if it is checked, don't be surprised that the selected style is applied... and erase all text format defined in the note....

IMHO the only "strange" behaviour is the following : why this option applies to a sticky note created by clicking on a .sti file ? 
Such a note is NOT a network received note.... And moreover, other options for received notes do NOT apply : even if "Receive all as secret" is checked, the note is NOT created as "secret"...
guest_today

Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:26 am
Formated Text is lost in "save as" file - Page 2 700810
There is a connecton with network notes , if the receiver clicks the sti it will be in the same format as his network received stickies .

Maybe it was a feature request ( i can see the logic of that ) .
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum