Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TheAncient

Error 53 loading language101.dll - The Network Path was not found. Empty Error 53 loading language101.dll - The Network Path was not found.

Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:36 pm
When I boot up my recently acquired new Windows 11 computer, my stickies do not load. Instead, I get the message
Error 53 loading language101.dll - The Network Path was not found.
Once I dismiss this message, all stickies load and the program works fine.
A couple of questions:
- WHY is looking at a network location? (and WHERE on the network is it looking for that dll?)
  (This new computer is so fast, a number of programs attempt to load before the network is available)
- WHAT can be done to avoid getting ths message?
  (I thought the problem could be fixed by sticking a copy of the dll into the program directory
   but the Sticky download page (https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/download.html) offers dlls in all kinds of languages but NOT in English).
Any help would be appreciated.
guest_today

Error 53 loading language101.dll - The Network Path was not found. Empty Re: Error 53 loading language101.dll - The Network Path was not found.

Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:31 am
https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/support/kb.pl?q=00058

Maybe you could try that solution even if the error is not the exactly  the same.
TheAncient

Error 53 loading language101.dll - The Network Path was not found. Empty Solution does not work

Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:01 pm
@guest_today: I actually tried this previously. 
The "Dummy dll" zip file contains "language60.dll". Apparently the number 60 at the end of the name denotes the version of stickies this dll is designed for.
Since my system is running Stickies 10c and is complaining about not finding language101.dll, I unzipped the "Dummy dll", re-named it from language60.dll to language101.dll and tried to run with that. Unfortunately, with that setup, Stickies did not work at all. I guess, since the "Dummy dll" was designed for Stickies 6, it simply does not work for Stickies 10c.
LaurentG

Error 53 loading language101.dll - The Network Path was not found. Empty Re: Error 53 loading language101.dll - The Network Path was not found.

Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:38 pm
It would be interesting to check if, when a language101.dll is present in Stickies program folder, the message disappear.
So let me suggest you to download one (whatever its language) just to verify this point.

If presence of a language101.dll removes the error message at startup, you'll then have the choice between have a Stickies speaking a language you don't want, or have an error message at each startup. But to know that could help Tom Revell (author of Stickies) to understand origin of problem, next time he'll review this support forum.
But maybe you could also send him a private message to be sure he is aware of the problem and accelerate his review (his login in the forum is "Admin").
LaurentG

Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:42 pm
Actually, just after typing my reply above, I searched for "Error 53" in knowledge base... and found the answer to your issue !

Pls have a look here : https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/support/kb.pl?q=00086
@LaurentG

Error 53 loading language101.dll - The Network Path was not found. Empty Good idea (It works!)

Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:34 pm
@LaurentG: I tried your suggestion and installed the German version of the dll: Turns out it works just fine.
Now to figure out how to send a private message....
@LaurentG

Error 53 loading language101.dll - The Network Path was not found. Empty Tried that before: Path is clean

Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:41 pm
I tried that solution before and, according to the batch file posted, my path is clean and has NO inaccessible entries.
(Of course, if stickies is looking for the dll in a location that is NOT in the path, the batch file would not / could not show it)
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:50 pm
Huh, the age of that "dummy" file shows how long it's been since anyone has needed it!

I've updated the zip file linked from the KB article so that it has language101.dll in it.  That should sort you out.  It's a workaround you're applying not a fix ... but sometimes those are good enough Smile

Tom
TheAncient

Error 53 loading language101.dll - The Network Path was not found. Empty Works like a charm

Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:55 am
I replaced the German version of the Language101.dll with the updated "Dummy.dll" and things appear to work like they should i.e. after e reboot, Stickies starts up, there are no error messages, all my stickies display correctly and when I access the Stickies menus, helpfile etc. everything is in English.
Vielen Dank! - Thanks Tom!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum