Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
krazykat842

New to Caffeine  ---  Need some help with install on WIN 10 PRO Empty New to Caffeine --- Need some help with install on WIN 10 PRO

Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:06 am
Hello,  I am new to Caffeine and need some help with install on WIN10 PRO.  I downloaded the caffeine zip file.  Unzipped to caffeine32.exe and
caffeine64.exe.  Then double clicked on caffeine64.exe.  I expected to see a screen showing the default install location ie. C:\ program files  XXXX. 
I received a very brief screen flash, no new screen or new icon in system tray.  Tried same double click and single click with caffeine32.exe with same results.
I know I must be missing something, searched forum for install instructions or tips, but did not find any.
Would appreciate any instructions or link(s) on steps how to install Caffeine.

Thanks.
guest__user

New to Caffeine  ---  Need some help with install on WIN 10 PRO Empty Re: New to Caffeine --- Need some help with install on WIN 10 PRO

Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:05 am
Open task manager Ctrl+shift+esc and go to " details " , see if you can find caffeine64.exe " running " .

There is no installation only doubleclick the exe so it should be working . You are aware that some icons are hidden in the tray menu ? You can show them by clicking on the ^ arrow .
krazykat842

New to Caffeine  ---  Need some help with install on WIN 10 PRO Empty Re: New to Caffeine --- Need some help with install on WIN 10 PRO

Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:42 pm
THANKS!! Was not aware of " up arrow" --  but there it is Caffeine icon.  Clicked on icon to view the ABOUT choices for command line.  Command line question.  How do I access the command line to add a choice shown in the ABOUT listing?  Do you click on the choice in ABOUT or bring up the command line and type in the text shown in ABOUT?  Again THANKS for your help, do appreciate it.
krazykat842
guest__user

Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:08 pm
You can add the command in the shortcut , here is an example but remove the spaces in the link because the forum did not allow a working link ...

h t t ps://zhornsoftware.forumotion.com/t359-need-to-use-the-useshift-option-caffeine
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum