Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
here-and-there
here-and-there

Cloud backup Empty Cloud backup

Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:17 am
Hello Tom, everyone...

Just found out about the Conforums shutdown. Damn! (But did you think of going legal to recover all the data that should had been duely exported? I'd consider this, because even if it's a free service they can't simply shutdown and "not export" the whole forum data!)

There were some discussions/tutorials/instructions in the old forum on how to sync a Stickies backup file with cloud services (Dropbox, Onedrive, Google Drive, etc.). Can someone help me with this?

Also, does Stickies have an automatic (periodical) backup option, or would this be a feature request? (Because, if I could tell Stickies to create a backup inside my [preferred cloud service name goes here] folder, then problem solved, right?)
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Cloud backup Empty Re: Cloud backup

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:16 pm
You can move your data file to a location which something like DropBox covers, but if you do that on two machines then you have to be sure not to run the app on both machines at once, as both instances assume they have control over the data location, and you'll end up with problems.

Yes, Stickies can already backup periodically, but it only does so inside the data directory.  This doesn't make complete sense, so the next version will allow you to choose a location for those backups to be placed.  That might sort you out, by the sound of it?

Tom
here-and-there
here-and-there

Cloud backup Empty Yes it would!

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:17 am
It would suit me perfectly. Thank you.

BTW:
1) How do I change the database file location if I want to?
2) What's the "transfer file" (.ini file in the settings/options)?
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:46 pm
There's an item on the tray menu to move the data location - it writes a registry key and restarts the app.  Use this link:

http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/support/kb.pl?q=00091

if you need to go back for any reason.  There's a note on how the transfer file works in the help file.

Tom
here-and-there
here-and-there

Cloud backup Empty Thanks!

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:13 am
Very Happy
zultag

Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:01 pm
I'd recommend setting stickies up as a portable app (KB00002 - Using Stickies as a portable application) when moving data to cloud sync location. .mdb file had constant sync issues for me (on Dropbox)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum