Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jonny

Attaching to Audacity Window Empty Attaching to Audacity Window

Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:50 pm
This is exactly what I was looking for. As an app opens, helpful stickies open attached to that App.
The problem I have is the app I want to attach it to changes it's window Title. It's called 'Audacity', but when I save the project, it's called whatever the name of the file I saved - not even a prefix anymore.
So I thought I could use the wildcard '*' in Title and just use the class 'wxWindowNR'. But the stickies don't hide anymore. I've also tried with no Title but same result.
Is there a solution to this?

Attaching to Audacity Window Empty Re: Attaching to Audacity Window

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:08 pm
As an alternative you could use a "stack" to store your Audacity stickies but you have to click the stack icon to hide/show them.
There is a "feature request" on this forum , you could make a post there or hopefully someone comes up with an " everything " title wildcard  Idea

Best regards ,
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:53 pm
I use Audacity as well - it's installed on my machine right now. I've attached a note as you suggest with a title of * and the wxWindowNR window class, and that's working OK.  Sure, the note will appear whenever any Audacity window is on screen, but seeing as Audacity doesn't alter the window title like a good number of other apps (should be "MyProject - Audacity" to work) that's as close as you're going to be able to get.

Tom
Jonny

Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:54 am
Thanks both,
Tom, so when you minimise or close Audacity do the stickies also hide? For me, they just stayed on the screen.
Ta
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:08 pm
Minimising the app will leave the note on screen, but closing it will mean the note disappears.

If you're finding the note is still on screen when you'd expect it to go, check two things:

o What are the window title and window class
o From another note, open the Attach dialog - no need to click Attach, just use it to get the window list.  Can you still see the title/class in that list?

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum