Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
OldGrantonian

How to increase title bar height? Empty How to increase title bar height?

Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:22 am
I have Stickies 10.0d, with Win 10 Pro.

Some time ago, I made a modification which reduced my title bar height.

As a result, characters with "tails" are slightly truncated:  g, y, q, and j.

How do I increase the title bar height?

Thanks.

How to increase title bar height? Empty Re: How to increase title bar height?

Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:57 pm
How to increase title bar height? E323a211

You can use skinner tool  :  https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/skinner.html .

The file skinner.chm contains the manual and a demo .

Best regards ,
OldGrantonian

Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:51 am
@Sooyke

Thanks for screenshot. I'm struggling with the Skin Designer.

Can you tell me what's the difference between saving as SSK and as SSK.INI?

Thanks.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:39 pm
You probably already found out that a skinfile like " win8.ssk " is just a zipfile renamed with the extension  " ssk " intead of " zip " . The zipfile has two files a image file and an ini file.
All the data to create the skin are in the ini file as text instructions , if you change a value in skinner it changes the ini file .

To have a updated skinfile with your changes it is not enough to save the ini file but the program need to zip the two files and save it as " ssk " . So you need both to save the ini and then save it as ssk to have your changed skinfile .

For small changes you could open the ini file in Notepad and change the values ( but it can be hard to find which one to change ) save it and manually zip them and change the extension to ssk . In that case you do not even need Skinner but if you take a look at the ini file in Notepad you see it is quite a lot of values !

This is an example from stickies9.ssk . 

How to increase title bar height? Inifil10

Best regards
OldGrantonian

Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:13 pm
Here is my corresponding screenshot for stickies8.ssk exploded:

How to increase title bar height? +AZ8cOOBF+dCdAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Your titlebar values bear no resemblance to mine.

Here's a screenshot of my note. I want the text size for the title to be the same size as for the body. I can't remember how I altered the current title text size. Normally, I don't modify default files that are part of the downloaded install. Instead, I copy a default, then change the name. But it looks as if I've broken the rule in this case.

How to increase title bar height? AfFIpsCNKSC+QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Another point to note is that any of my mods to default files will have taken place in C:\Program Files (x86). I only became aware of the files in App Data (a strange location) recently, after a global search for stickies.exe. It seems that your installer presents a default location of C:\Program Files (x86), which can be edited by the user. The installer then ignores the selection and uses AppData :-)

So, if I did make some silly mod in C:\ProgramFiles (x86), I can't see how stickies.exe would find that mod. Maybe I made the mod in situ dynamically, but I can't reproduce that.

Thanks.

Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:52 pm
How to increase title bar height? Modifi11

I had to guess what you wanted to change and this is the result , it has been difficult because the titlebar is a fixed height image and only editing the image file would solve that but because the image is small all other components must change position it would be like creating a whole new sticky !  So i just used a solid color for the bigger titlebar instead .

Are you running win10 and stickies v10 ? It is not important where the skinfile is located but in win10  C:\Program Files (x86)  has restrictions what you can do unless you log in as admin so normaly data folders that users can use for adding files are using the appdata  folder .

To set a skin it is not important where the skinfile is you can browse to the location  in Setting ( or Options in v9) Appearance , stickies will remember the path .

I uploading the mod ssk to google drive here:

If you are interested in a list of all the changes that had to be done please let me know and also if you need modifications because i made a lot of guesses what it should look like Smile

Best regards 

Last edited by Sooyke on Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
OldGrantonian

Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:00 am
Your new skin is perfect  :-)

Thanks for all your help.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum