Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KathrynBassett
KathrynBassett

Trying to understand Friends Empty Trying to understand Friends

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:09 pm
At this writing, I have version 10.0d. I've been reading in the help file about Friends, but something just isn't "clicking". I think the way this works is that I can send a Stickie to my friend who also has Stickies installed, and it will automatically become a Stickie for her? Am I interpretting this correctly? If so, I can't figure out how it works.

I made a Friend and in properties have Arlene in Name, and arlene@xyz.com in the Email field. I think the address field is moot, but I did put xyz.com. So far, so good. For good measure, I also put her in Favorites.

Now comes the problem. The way I'm reading help is that I now go to the Stickie I want to send to her, and click on the Title, and choose Send To - however, I don't get that as a choice. Here's what I get:

Trying to understand Friends O9UhJ93GVuqqq6n+z9TS3HYL2+D4dQLB04D4+lsgmAaESALBNCBEEgimgUmL5HA4REREPLFarRMXqa+vT0REZEzGE+kvlKVLtVxuBLoAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

So, what am I missing? How do I send a specific Stickie to my friend to add to her Stickies?

Trying to understand Friends Empty Re: Trying to understand Friends

Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:47 am
" and it will automatically become a Stickie for her? "

Only if you know the IP adress of her computer.......  ( and if her firewall allows it ) , it is used i guess primarily for local networks so you can send a note to your fellow worker .
You can send the sticky as email instead but you have to enable email in the traymenu " Settings " , you can find a more detailed ( and better..... ) explanation in the help file under network and email .

Best regards ,
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Fri May 01, 2020 9:00 pm
There are two ways for a note to get to another computer - either directly over the network as Sooyke says, or by email.  Unless your friend is in your house, or at the same place of work as you, the network route is probably going to be too complex, and not recommended.

The other way is by email, which means the note would arrive on her computer as an email.  Sure, she could easily turn it into a desktop note, but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for?

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum