Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mts

Caffiene not working on Win 10 1909  Empty Caffiene not working on Win 10 1909

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:49 pm
Here we have multiple “DVR” servers running Windows 10 that recently stopped staying unlocked (we have them on a segregated network workgroup so no group policy on them).  They don’t shutdown, but they do lock.  Some of these machines need to viewed for surveillance purposes.  
I have migrated all most all of them from Windows 7, but one still remains and it doesn’t have the issue.  Also, Win 10 1903 and earlier seems fine too. I’m running the latest Caffeine with a script that does use shift. 

I and others have been experiencing recent Windows updates that modify power settings, but Caffiene should override this.  I've tried the registry/local policy settings to turn off the lock screen, but it doesn't work either.
mts

Caffiene not working on Win 10 1909  Empty Re: Caffiene not working on Win 10 1909

Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:11 pm
I had to edit local group policy for Interactive logon: Machine Inactivity limit to 0 seconds to get it to not lock
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum