Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mike M
Mike M

Confused with snap options Empty Confused with snap options

Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:13 pm
Can anyone help with explaining snap distance and snap gap? I have values set as 5 and 5. I can see the stickies trying, but I can still place them anywhere, even over another stickie.

Confused with snap options Empty Re: Confused with snap options

Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:57 am
Distance value gives you how close  ( pixels ) you have to come before "snapping" starts and gap is well the gap left when snapping finishes .
Setting it to 5 5 will give you no effect because snapping starts when it already has to stop ......

To see the effect clearly you could set it to distance =20  gap 5
Mike M
Mike M

Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:26 pm
Using your suggestion, my problem still existed. But, I think I found the problem. It was the skin I was using (sign of affection). Changed skin to Blue1 and now snapping works like a charm. I'm gonna try other skins to see how they react.

Thanks for your help.

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:05 pm
Confused with snap options Di4ggN4

Very nice skin , but Cynthia's creations always contain some special elements  Shocked . The window has a invisible part ( the purple in the image ) it is needed to create the  small rollup "icon".

The snapping uses the dimensions returned by a windows call that gives the real height/width not the visible ones . It should snap on the sides normally but not on the top.

Thanks for the hint to this skin , it is really nice !! ( and thanks to Cynthia for sharing it )
Mike M
Mike M

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:12 pm
Solves the mystery of why it snapped OK on the sides. Yes, very nice skin. Will continue to use knowing it's minor quirk.

Thanks again.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum