Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
hepster72

Text doesn't get saved Empty Text doesn't get saved

Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:48 am
I have been having this problem recently and it's driving me nuts. When I create a new note, save and close it, the text isn't really saved: I open the saved note and the text is missing. I think I may have changed some setting but I don't recall what exactly I did.

I don't have any problem with the notes that I had created long time ago. How do I fix this? Please help. Thanks.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Text doesn't get saved Empty Re: Text doesn't get saved

Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:56 pm
Can you walk me through exactly what you do to see this please?  What to you type/click in what order?

Perhaps you're referring to saving a note as a .sti file?  Those are separate from the rest of the app - once a .sti file has been saved, it won't be updated again.  Changes to notes within Stickies are automatically saved, but once you've saved a .sti file, those are static.

Tom
hepster72

Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:00 am
n/a

Last edited by hepster72 on Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to delete)
hepster72

Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Admin wrote:Can you walk me through exactly what you do to see this please?  What to you type/click in what order?

Perhaps you're referring to saving a note as a .sti file?  Those are separate from the rest of the app - once a .sti file has been saved, it won't be updated again.  Changes to notes within Stickies are automatically saved, but once you've saved a .sti file, those are static.

Tom

Thank you for the quick reply. 

I do as follows:

1. Close the note both named and titled "상담센터", which contains text.
2. Open "상담센터"
3. The text in "상담센터" is missing.

Please check out the YT video I uploaded. 

Thank you again.

Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:46 pm
Ah OK I see what's happening.

Once a .sti file has been saved, it's no longer connected to Stickies.  You can double-click it to create a copy of it in the app - but then data altered in Stickies is automatically saved to the database file.

If you check the Closed category in Manage, you'll find all the "lost" information.  Stickies doesn't work like Word, which stores its data in files where you save them, but keeps all data in the one data location (in appdata).

You can save/export any note as a .sti file, and then open/import them again, which is what you're doing in the vid (thanks for that, it made it easy to see what was going on).

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum