Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
buttonpushertv

No Alt-Tab to Stickies (or VNCHelper)? Am I missing something? Empty No Alt-Tab to Stickies (or VNCHelper)? Am I missing something?

Tue May 07, 2019 3:21 pm
Maybe this is a Feature Request...but I find it exceedingly frustrating that I cannot use alt-tab to get to the Stickies App or VNC Helper.

With either app, I can run them and interact with them just fine (And they are truly helpful apps!). If I switch focus to another app, however, the only way I can get back to Stickies/VNCHelper is to click on their windows (or Taskbar Icon). None of their windows appear in the Alt-Tab (or Windows-Tab) application switcher/chooser.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a setting or some Registry magic that I can use to make that work?

Thanks.
buttonpushertv

No Alt-Tab to Stickies (or VNCHelper)? Am I missing something? Empty Re: No Alt-Tab to Stickies (or VNCHelper)? Am I missing something?

Tue May 07, 2019 3:30 pm
Forgot to mention: running on Windows 10 (1809)
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

No Alt-Tab to Stickies (or VNCHelper)? Am I missing something? Empty Re: No Alt-Tab to Stickies (or VNCHelper)? Am I missing something?

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:41 pm
If you turn on the task bar button in Stickies options, you should then be able to tab to it OK?

Tom
buttonpushertv

No Alt-Tab to Stickies (or VNCHelper)? Am I missing something? Empty No Alt-Tab but do have Win-Tab

Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:31 pm
I had forgotten to check back on this.

I have the "Show Task Bar Button" box checked on. I think I always have.

I still cannot use Alt-Tab to bring Stickies (or VNC Helper as well) to the foreground.

With it checked on, I can use Win-Tab and it is available as an item to choose & bring to foreground. (I hadn't ever noticed, but VNC Helper also shows up via Win-Tab, but not via Alt-Tab.)
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:22 pm
Strange - using alt-tab here shows Stickies in the list of apps, and moving to it means that it comes to the front.

VNCHelper has a "tool" window, and they're not designed to show up in an alt tab list, and also don't show up on the taskbar (which was the thought behind choosing that option for the app).

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum